What is The PARCS Study?
Why should YOU get involved?
What does participation involve?
Participants will get to utilize the latest in mobile technology, including:
- Accelerometers (research-grade step counters) that utilize app-based location monitoring with geofencing, provided by our location-based technology partner Plot Projects.
- Real-time text-based surveys that can be completed at the participant’s convenience through an app downloaded on either Android or Apple devices.
- Participants will be compensated for their time and help:
- $50 gift card will be given for each year of successful participation if enrolled alone.
- $100 gift card will be given for each year of successful participation if enrolled along with your child.
- $10 additional gift card reward for each successful participant referral
Phone Number: 646-664-8333
The PARCS Team
PARCS Study Blog
Like many Americans, Dr. Bon Ku, grew up without health insurance and lived life hoping not to get sick or injured. It was because of this experience, that Dr. Ku decided to go into emergency medicine, with the goal of developing a more city-focused view of medicinal practice. As a practitioner, Dr. Ku saw the Read more about How the Next Generation of Physicians Are Learning How to Influence Urban Design[…]
Epidemiologists at the New York City Health Department and Columbia University have developed a computer system that detects food-borne illness and outbreaks in NYC area restaurants based on keywords in Yelp reviews, 311 and reports from healthcare providers. The Health Department has identified and investigated approximately 28,000 complaints of suspected food-borne illness overall since 2012. Read more about Using Yelp Reviews to Identify Foodborne Illness Outbreaks in NYC[…]
One of the most important ways to protect yourself and other people around you who might be too young or too sick from serious diseases and infections is by getting vaccinated on time. It is recommended for everyone from infants to senior citizens and if enough people get vaccinated, we can continue to prevent the outbreak of now-rare vaccine-preventable diseases, such as measles. Read more about When and Why Get Vaccinated?
Not only is it very important to have health insurance coverage to protect from illness and injury, but not having coverage can also result in a penalty. It is highly important that you sign up for a health insurance plan as soon as possible! Open Enrollment is the period in which people can enroll in Read more about GetCoveredNYC–Apply by January 31th for Free or Low Cost Health Insurance![…]
Open Enrollment begins November 1st and in NYC is extended to January 31st! Do not delay and enroll as soon as possible! Enrolling in a health insurance plan that fits you and your family best is the first step to managing and improving your health. Sometimes Health Insurance plans and concepts are difficult to understand, Read more about Health Insurance Explained![…]